Thursday, November 18, 2010

Trouvé.

Last night I stopped into Walgreens and guess what I found!  


It's a little greener in real life, but definitely the teal I was looking for.  Yay!

On another note, next week I'm BOOKED with Thanksgiving clients.  I'm really happy to have such a busy pet-sitting week next week.  I love going into peoples' homes and taking care of their furry families.  Having done in-home childcare for so many years, it's really comfortable for me.  I have a new client that has 5 adult cats and one adorable black and white kitten. [my fave]  I'm actually heading there today to take care of their 3 dogs, and I'm really looking forward to it.  This is kind of the perfect job for me right now. 
Thank You Lord, for Your provision.

Also, I went to a big [and I mean big] Christmas show down here yesterday.  It was in a convention center, and the inside was all done up like a town.  Some vendors had their own little Christmas shoppes set up with trees and lights, and everything.  Kind of like a mini Christmas-Disneyland.  Pretty amazing.  But anyway, there was this young jeweler there from New York, and her pieces blew me away.  I kind of just kept telling her how amazing her stuff was and how much I wanted to be like her.  Haha.  It's a tricky thing, because in order to make beautifully ornate pieces, one needs the funds to purchase the necessary materials.  But in order to purchase the necessary materials, one must make sufficient sales.  Somewhat of a "chicken or the egg" scenario.  I have in my head exactly where I'd like my trade to go, I just need the funds to get there.  I truly hope that one day I can manipulate metals and have endless supplies to work with.  
Lord-willing.



What types of jewelry would you like to see me create? 

1 comment:

  1. Make sure you don't bring any of those six cats home with you!

    Someday you'll be able to make all those fancy metalwork pieces.

    You should make jewelry made out of chocolate chip cookies. Ones that could be eaten by your loving husband...

    ReplyDelete