Tuesday, November 16, 2010

“It's only after we’ve lost everything that we’re free to do anything.”

I read the most incredible thing yesterday.  Apparently you can make soap out of bacon fat.  Bacon fat!  All you need to do is add a little lye and fridge it.  [Fight Club, anyone?]  Ok, maybe there's more to it than that, but I'm determined to make it happen.  And if I have to eat three packages of bacon, then I'll take one for the team.  [Visions of Atkins' dancing in my head]  I'll let you know how it goes, if and when I get around to it.  For now, doing something with the week-old spaghetti squash is priority.  No, I have not done anything with it yet.  Shame on me.  

Also, I've practically watched six hundred Say Yes to the Dress episodes on Netflix's instant watch.  [No, not really]  Scott and I can't really afford TV right now, so Netflix has been pulling it's weight around here.  At some point it would be nice to watch something other than every episode of The Hills and Say Yes to the Dress.  One day.  I miss regular TV.

DanceOut was great tonight!  Zumba is on the menu for tomorrow evening, so I'm hoping to burn off the frozen yogurt and chocolate chips I just gorged on.  As if that wasn't enough, I then reached for the plantain chips we've had for two months.  I couldn't tell if they were stale because I was eating too fast.  

I'm also obsessed with Phalaenopsis Orchids, and can't get enough of them.  I was fawning over a fuchsia one in Harris Teeter the other day, but my last four orchids have been failed projects.  I've essentially been watering sticks for the past year.  I've tried everything I can think of.. even took them to a nursery and asked for serious help.  If Scott won't let me be a crazy cat lady, then maybe there's still a chance with the whole crazy orchid lady thing.  Hm..

You've seen enough pictures of my cats for now, so how'z about an orchid shot?


I get giddy just looking at them..

1 comment:

  1. orchids are beautiful! i like them a lot!

    also, i bought spaghetti squash because of you recently but i also have yet to do anything with it. I'll let you know when i do though.

    ps.- i love the necklace you made me. it is beautiful. :) thank u again.

    ReplyDelete