Thursday, November 25, 2010

δώσει τις ευχαριστίες.

First, an edit. 
Two posts ago I lost my mind for a brief moment and thought "Voila!" should be spelled like this:  Wallah.  How embarrassing.  It took a good friend to help me find my brain and lead me to the right spelling.  Apparently in that moment, all ten of my years spent in French academia were laid waste.  But I'm back in the game!  "Voila!", it is. 
[Thank you, Brett]

Also.  It's Thanksgiving!  That nebulous holiday wherein it seems only a minority of folks celebrate its true meaning.   Thanksgiving is a good day to spend with family and friends.  Truly.  Scott and I are heading over to a deacon's house from church later today, and it's there that our holiday will be spent.  I'm doing my duty of baking gluten-free chocolate chip-pumpkin bread.  And yes, you're remembering correctly that t'was only a week ago I made GF chocolate chip-banana muffins.  Chocolate chips are one of the few items that [I feel] can go in almost any baked good. 
They're square, because I have a really fun baking pan for them. 
Kitchen gadgets are mah'thing.  



Oh, and is anyone else truly annoyed by the line in this song?
"You uh chee-wow-ah, Om uh rot-wallaaaah"?  [Totally stupid] 
Oh, but look!  ..Wallah has made its way into the English language.  Ha.

Anyway.  That's it for now.  Happy Thanksgiving to all. 
And remember to put chocolate chips in everything. 
Go crazy.


PS - I'm receiving scamming e-mails like nuts.  I took the time to write a response e-mail to one of them that went like this: 

It's a holiday.  So why don't you take a holiday from scamming people? 

Please stop wasting my time,
 

Christina

No comments:

Post a Comment