Thursday, November 4, 2010

The side-part.

*Today I parted my hair down the center.*   
This may seem inconsequential to many, but to those who've rocked the side-part for years, it's anything but.  

I decided to take a flying leap and style my hair with a center-part.  There I stood, in the bathroom, blow-dryer in hand.  I knew it was moment of consequence.  Was I really going to do it?  My fingers tingled with delight at the thought of it.  *I went for it.*  The entire time I blow-dried and straightened, I questioned myself.. What do I even look like with a center part?  I honestly couldn't remember, as I haven't styled my hair that way in at least 4 years. 

Fifteen long minutes later, there I stood.  And stood.  I had random thoughts buzzing through my head; Fergie, bad 70's movie, senior photo.  But you know what?  It wasn't bad.  I think I actually like it.  It ages me, but in a good way.  I actually look my age, like a professional.  Does anyone really know when the side-part pandemic originated?  I'd have to say it's my favorite hairstyle of all time; flattering on just about anybody.  But there's something freeing about parting your hair down the center and forgetting about it completely..  Almost like that's how hair was meant to fall.  I don't know.  I may decide to go "center part" every once in a while to change things up, but don't expect to see my side-part disappear any time soon.





What do you think.. are you a side-parter, or a center-parter?  
Or... do you *gasp* not even part?..

2 comments:

  1. I think it's super cute on you. I have worn my hair parted on the side for a loong time - before then I was too little to care about combing my hair at all. : ) I will have to see how I like mine parted in the middle... : )

    ReplyDelete
  2. i'm definitely a side parter. I tried the middle part thing when I was little but looking at old pictures of that time makes me never want to revisit that look. Ha!

    I don't actively part my hair every morning, I basically just let it do what it wants, and I believe that it wants to be side parted (even if I had to encourage it in the beginning). :)

    p.s.- it is amazing that one slight change to your hair can change your look so much.

    ReplyDelete