Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Barely even skipped a beat.

It's so warm down here in Charlotte..  For most of the week it's been in the 70's, and some days have even hit the 80's.  I can't believe how different it is from Vermont.  I constantly check the weather report for my old town in Vermont and it never ceases to amaze me how cold it gets.  Cold weather is fine, but the thing about Vermont is it never seemed to go away.  I would literally get depressed by late April because it was still chilly each and every day.

But things are different down here.  Today it almost feels like summertime.  It's 77 degrees and super muggy.  It's been really nice walking dogs in capris and t-shirts.  I will definitely get used to this.  It's so nice not to feel the need to hide inside and keep warm.  All of our windows are open, and the warm breeze is making its way in.  The cat room is even lit up with warm sunshine.  [The cats are just as happy as I am.]

*PS - Tomorrow, 85 and rainy.

I don't normally spend that much time talking about weather.. it's just a nice change.  I'm glad Scott and I moved down here.  Our lives picked up pretty quickly, so we've barely even skipped a beat.  Scott's working full time, and I'm hoping to get as many pet-sitting clients as possible.  We already have three couples relatively our age that we're happily getting to know.  And four weeks into being here, we found the church we're committing to.  We've already had three meals with church folk, and this Sunday we'll be at the pastor's house discussing membership.  He said he doesn't normally discuss membership "so early in the game", but he sees that we're serious about getting involved. 

Although we're struggling majorly with some things, namely finances, we're really optimistic about this big move we've just had.  Some things are super different than up in Vermont.  Little things like stores all around us, two malls within a half hour, Christian radio stations, black neighbors, and central air.  These were things we longed for while in Vermont, and now they're ours.  And we praise God that sometimes He gives us what we ask for. 

We will have a lot to figure out: I need to assess if the Lord is calling me to finish my Masters of Divinity.  Scott's only working a temporary job right now, so he needs to figure out what God is planning for his occupational future.  There's a lot more that needs sorting out, but those are the main issues we're working on.

 *Totally unrelated.. Tomorrow evening a professional dog trainer is coming to assess Fudge.  
    Is there such thing as being declared "too naughty to teach"?  [S.O.S.]

No comments:

Post a Comment